Last night this site was offline for about 4 hours. The family was scattered about the house when the lights went off at about 6pm. Soon, we were all together in the kitchen lighting candles and fixing dinner on the gas stove. We had dinner by candle light and finished the evening by playing Uno. (It's hard to tell the difference between green and blue with just the light of a few candles.)

The power returned at 10pm after my son took a shower by candle light. We could now all go off to our separate rooms and finish the evening by the steady shine of electric light.