I finally took the plunge and upgraded
WordPress to 1.5.1.
That necessitated finding the little hacks I put in.
In particular (I'm writing this here so I can find it next time), in
wp-include/default-filters.php, I remove the
This causes these pages to be displayed with the html in them.
Could be dangerous but the html is filtered when it's entered so the problem is
minimal. Someday I'll submit a change that will allow specifying whether the
comment should be formatted. This was one feature I really missed from MovableType --
the ability to mark individual entries with a format or not flag.
Anyway, I'm upgraded so now I get to figure out how to handle all these new features.