- For an American, this place is VERY expensive – the exchange rate of 1.75 dollars US to one pound makes everything from postcards to pints rather dear;
- Light switches are pushed on the top to turn off and pushed on the bottom to turn on;
- I had a dinner named “Bangers and mash”. Other fun foods are available;
- The "first floor" is the second floor of a building -- the one at street level is called the ground floor and the one above that is called the first floor;
- The light switches and power outlets are not in bathrooms -- building codes don't allow it;
- The pubs are the place to hang out. Always full and very lively.
I also have some pictures up. More to come.